Kitchen carcases and doors

I want to replace my kitchen but feel that the wall cupboards may as well stay put as they are in good condition. However, I shall need to match up the doors.

Do doors from the sheds have the hinge counterbores at some sort of standard spacing? If so, what is it?

Also - and views on the quality of base carcases. Is there much to chose between them? What should I look out for / avoid.

Reply to
john

If only they were!

Plywood - very good and not common.

18mm melamine faced chipboard - OK if dry. 16mm (or less!) crap.
Reply to
Ed Sirett

In message , john writes

Don't think so. Another option is to go to one of the replacement door companies (google "replacement kitchen doors"), as these places will drill the hinge positions to your specifications.

Proper corner units, i.e. not with half a 1000mm base hidden away and almost inaccessible. B&Q do them. Probably others too.

Reply to
Steven Briggs