Joining copper pipes without connectors?

Yes. But you need to anneal the standard table X copper tube sold these days first.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That's what I meant by it being flaky. Norton firewall has nothing to do with it - it's simply an HTTP referrer issue (and a very common one at that).

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

And, just to prove what a geek I am, not only am I responding to myself and preferring to discuss HTTP referrers to pipe flangers but here's an exported packet trace (niff-naff removed) of two HTTP transactions to Angelfire; the first one with a referrer set (i.e. link click from Google) and the second without (copy-and-paste):

in > added by me)

There was once a time when I'd be actively interested in a discussion on pipe joining methods but now that I've 'finished' the house I've moved on... for better or worse I don't know!

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

Ok the proof will be if the C+P works for mr manatbandq But I cant get my head around why this (HTTP referrer issue) should only effect one person out of seven.

Reply to
Mark

1/7? I can reproduce it here (as shown in my other post) so make that at least 2! The rest can easily be explained by the fact that the majority of users will likely be using 'conventional' newsreaders hence no referrer will be sent and those that do use Google, and can still see it, can be explained by the potential use of caching ISP proxies (possibly transparent) or browsers that don't handle referrers properly. This 'anti-referral' technique has been around for a long time, and I know for a fact that Angelfire have been using it themselves for *years*.

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

C+P works, not using Norton, using IE6 with Google toolbar.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Yes you are absolutely right, I tested it yesterday with Google+ Linux, Konqueror/Mozilla Google+ windows, Firefox Which worked ok, so I was unable to reproduce the fault.

This morning I tried it with Google+ XP, I.E 6 and indeed it was borked, but C+P the tinyurl into a new window worked ok. Thanks for your help Regards Mark

Reply to
Mark