Is there a lathe-style chuck available to fit an electric drill?

I am wondering if there is available a 'lathe style' chuck that will fit an electric drill. I often want to grind down bits of brass pipework but at typically 2cm diameter they won't fit the standard drill chuck. With a lathe type 3 jaw mechanism in my drill and the drill held in a vice I figure I would be able to perform some elementary lathe tasks.

Reply to
Peter

You can make a gizmo to do this with a length of threaded bar, a couple of thick washers, a couple of nuts and a bit of rubber. Choose washers that will just fit inside the pipe, thread them on the bar with a nut either side and the rubber between the washers. Insert into pipe and tighten the exposed nut so the rubber is crushed against the inside of the pipe. Fit bar to drill chuck, check that it's centered and don't run it very fast. Also get a proper mount for the drill, either a drill stand or one of those brackets that clamps/screws to the bench.

Reply to
Rob Morley