Internal room ventilation

I am creating a new utility room in my basement which uses three existing walls and will add a new stud partition (with door) to create the fourth wall. The room is internal to the house & doesn`t have any outside walls or windows. Do I need to have a permanent means of ventilation to the room (i.e extractor fan) & would it need to be on all the time? I only intend to have a washing machine & sink in the room if that helps.
John
I am creating a new utility room in my basement which uses three existing walls and will add a new stud partition (with door) to create the fourth wall. The room is internal to the house & doesn`t have any outside walls or windows. Do I need to have a permanent means of ventilation to the room (i.e extractor fan) & would it need to be on all the time? I only intend to have a washing machine & sink in the room if that helps.
John
current building regulations state that a utility room must have mechanical means of ventilation, A window is not suitable so a fan must be used
PoP wrote:

Probably. However they are not retrospective.

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 22:07:25 +0100, "Mike Taylor"

The point of which is .... ?
If we had to have a fan installed in our utilty room it would end up like the "compulsory" fans in bathroom/shower room: present, connected, and permanently switched off!
Julian
--
Julian Fowler
Julian Fowler wrote:

Or like the one in my downstairs loo, present, connected, and totally essential :)
ESPECIALLY when the puppy decides its the nearest to a doggy loo he can find.

"The Natural Philosopher" wrote | Or like the one in my downstairs loo, present, connected, and | totally essential :) | ESPECIALLY when the puppy decides its the nearest to a doggy | loo he can find.
Awwww.
Well it's better in the downstairs loo than on the best bedroom wilton.
OWain
On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 07:56:09 +0100, a particular chimpanzee named PoP
keyboard and produced:

Yes, in 1995, so your house might have been constructed under the previous requirements.
--
Hugo Nebula
"You know, I'd rather see this on TV,
john wrote:

The regulations would suggest an extractor fan to the outside, and a 10mm gap under the door, or a ventilation panel in it.
AND a smoke alarm in the room and/or access to it.