Intermittent Hot Water

hi i was wondering if one of you can comment on this. i had my furnace replaced a few weeks back and when they removed it they had to remove the hot water tank as well, as it was in the way.

less than a week later, i wasn't getting any hot water and within a few days i realized it was intermittent ... if i went down and reset the tank it would kick in but sometimes it would heat the entire tank and all would be well and other times it would only run for 5-10 seconds ... so i had the same folks out to look at it to see if they reconnected it improperly. they couldn't find anything wrong ... they did a cleaning, apparently tested the transformer and checked the valves. and still i only have intermittent hot water.

it is a beckeet heater with one element in the tank and one of those core elements. from what i can see there is only one thermostat on the side and not much else to adjust. the air shutter is set at 10 (the manual recommends between 4-5) - could that be it? or does this sound like a faulty thermostat ... the tehcnician set the thermostat at a notch past NORMAL ... could that too hiugh and tripping the thermostat and shutting it off? any help would be great - i am making these guys rich ...

Reply to
valarie

I am guessing from the wording and spelling that you are using, that you are in North America.

This is a UK focussed news group and the heating appliances in common use here are quite different to those in N America.

I think that you will need to look for a suitable news group covering your area.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

In message , valarie writes

You're not from around here are you ?

Need more details

Reply to
geoff

pdaxs.services.plumbing might a reasonable bet, or alt.home.repair.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle