Instant Concrete

Had to concrete in two metal parking posts today, in a hurry so went into B&Q for some Postfix.

Plenty of Christmas Trees, inflatable Santa's etc - but they had run out of Postfix....

Setting time being important I bought 2 bags of Instant Concrete which did the job a treat & set in time.

Not come across this before, but it stated on the bag that it was 'twice as strong as Multi Purpose Concrete'.

Made by Hanson

to their site its Portland cement and graded sharp sand (1 part cement : 3 parts sand) so I wouldn't have described it as concrete at all.

Fine, Coarse & Instant concrete are all rated at a compressive strength of around 40 Nmm-2 so it seems to be as strong. Multi purpose concrete was rated at 20 Nmm-2 so I guess what they say is correct.

Is this technically concrete? I thought that had to have aggregate in the mix? Or is sharp sand an aggregate?

Also noticed Shedbase Concrete on the site 1-2-2 mix + a levelling compound. Expensive way to lay a shed base, but could be handy for some other jobs.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I RTFM and the main claim for this stuff is you can lay it dry, then water it to make it set.

Is it expensive? I can't find it on their website.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

£3:98 a bag (25kg?)

Too expensive for big areas but very useful to me & the sort of jobs I do.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman