Installing a gas combi boiler

Page 2 of 3

It only takes a months course to be one of them.

No, don't believe those flyers posted on the lamp posts IMM. Only fools believe them, you can't earn 1000's of pounds a week from typing either...jeez, your type would believe anything - and I should let you near my gas supply?

No one here takes IMM seriously -I certainly wouldn't let him/her near anything:-)
--
Chris French, Leeds

writes

Don't worry. I avoid Leeds like the plague.

With the possible exception of an extremely angry Bengal tiger
--
geoff

writes

Maxie, ROFL.

IMM wrote:

I worked on a project at a well known bluechip where there were 20+ contract programers earning 2k+ per week each. Most of them were learning on the job, you should have seen the amount of paper they printed off each week. Naturally, the project got nowhere and was canned after spending >40M
That whole story is a tissue of lies - I can say that with complete certainty, as I am, and have been for a few decades, a computer programmer in both the public and private sector. Why lie? Just makes you look a tosser.

Kieran wrote:

To be so certain you would have to know the company and the actual project I'm refferring to. So who was it? You don't know do you? so who's the tosser big mouth?

Very true indeed. What are your quals? A degree in pickupedness.

writes

More to the point, what are yours?
--
geoff

Maxie. Concentrate. We have a pretentious fool here, who the point in question. Now focus a little.

writes

Yes, we do have you, don't we

You could try and focus on typing sentences which make sense
--
geoff

LOL You are much fun.

IMM wrote:

And people gripe at the demise of the apprentice system too. I find in IT projects the qualified IT people are ignored over non-qualified con-artists. The results are there to see.

IMM wrote:

Sadly agree. Step 1 - IT director (nee salesman) hires 'consultant'. Step 2 - Consultant becomes cheerleader for director while not really understanding project team's concerns. Step 3 - Project team no longer with a voice, resort to playing buzzword bingo during meetings. Step 4 - Consultant walks away with about 50% of project cost in 'fees' shortly before sh*t hits fan. Step 5 - Project team get cut, remainder blighted, as they must be to blame.
--
Toby.

Toby wrote:

You must've been working at the same places as me :-)
Yep.