In car handset to switch garage drive lights on and off

A while ago I found a website offering radio control handsets which operate a receiver in the garage to turn the garage drive lights on or off, but I cannot now locate it. Anyone know which company it is ?

Jim Hawkins

Reply to
Jim Hawkins

On Thursday 24 October 2013 21:14 Jim Hawkins wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Pretty much any RF lightswitch type system -

Reply to
Tim Watts

Such as for example... ???

Jim Hawkins

Reply to
Jim Hawkins

lightwaverf in screwfix?

Reply to
dennis

On Thursday 24 October 2013 21:19 Jim Hawkins wrote in uk.d-i-y:

The ones B&Q or Homebase sell - or maybe something from here:

Tim Watts

One of these

or one of these if you want use a smartphone as a remote
and one of these

I have used the 5 button remote for a while without problems and am now thinking about using a smartphone link.

Reply to
rbel

I have just bought (but not yet collected) three LightwaveRF plug-in sockets for more or less that purpose - plus an extra small remote control.

If I like them, it is possible I might get the internet interconnect which allows control from mobile phone or other computer.

If searching Screwfix it looks like they have the same mad fools, sorry "web developers" as B&Q. You might need to search for "lightwave rf" or "lightwaverf" or was it "light wave rf" - eventually you might by luck find something useful.

Reply to
polygonum

They do a dimmable CFL that can be switched on/off with the remote if the drive fittings will take it. About £20 with the five button remote in screwfix. Mutiple lamps will respond to the same button press and you can use upto four remotes/pirs/switches.

Reply to
dennis

There are many remote control sockets about. I paid a fiver for a set of three together with a four channel remote control from Asda...

Orginally bought to switch the christmas lights on and off that are fed from the garage from inside the house. That didn't work, I suspect the thick stone walls and metal garage door did for the signal. Currently have one in the loft to switch the mouse trap baby monitor on/off and that works from the ground floor no problem.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

polygonum put finger to keyboard:

Use Google instead.

I often find that Googling gives much better results than searching for on the company's own web site.

Reply to
Scion

Highly likely the two firms have the same owners.

Reply to
charles

Kingfisher Group owns both.

Reply to
Huge

No idea which you found, but I quickly found this one:

If you wanted, you could remotely control an electric gate, the garage door opener and external lights all from one unit.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Don't know but many seem to just use a radio controlled 13amp outlet. One needs to read the blurb first, as ranges do vary, but I have one on a socket block on a window sill and can switch on the lights down my front path from inside a minicab with it. I just keep forgetting to switch them off again....... grin. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

That may well be true. And often is for many sites. But the above experiences were largely based on my experience inside a Screwfix shop trying to order some bits. Stupidly enough, I forgot the piece of paper with all the details, so I had to navigate the till person's computer. (These things don't seem to be in the paper catalogue at all.) Anyway, "Try google" was not the most appropriate in that precise circumstance.

Reply to
polygonum