Ideas for new heating/HW.

I did.

I said to you to contact the cylinder makers. Have you? If not why not?

Reply to
IMM

Know anyone who makes single feed indirect cylinders these days?

Reply to
John Rumm

Elson for one and about 3 other makers too. They tend to be more popular in soft, non corrosive water areas.

Reply to
IMM

Can't see anything obvious from their web site :-

John Rumm

It's behind you....

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

???

Soft water is generally more reactive....

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Naturally soft water is generally more corrosive as I understood it......

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Not always the case. The makers will advice what to fit in what water areas. Some soft water areas can be corrosive as are some hard. generally soft is better.

Reply to
IMM

That seems to be just all tanks in one box solution - suitable for non pumped water heating, but not sharing a single cistern as far as I can see.

Reply to
John Rumm

Christian McArdle

No, they are all similar to modern radiators, but they don't seem to heat the house! I guess they are about 20-30 years old.

Sorry, I am confused. Exactly what will save me a forture?

Mark

Reply to
nospam

If the boiler fails, you'll still have hot water/baths. With the addition of a couple of fan heaters, you won't be as desparate to replace the boiler. Generally speaking, an emergency case (i.e. fitted in less than a month or so) will be charged at 2 or 3 times the rate. So, the cost of the immersion is a VERY good bet.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Replace them all then. Modern radiators are massively more efficient that

1970's vintage panel types. You can make them half the size, or buy the same size and accept that they will actually heat the house up.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Buy rads to the best width that suits the existing rad tails from the floor/wall. Then they will have a higher heat output than what is necessary. When you fit a condensing boiler they will be ideally suited to high efficiency.

Reply to
IMM