I love my Miele but...

Fridge one is kept in the fridge. None for the ovens (cooker oven isn't used and m/w is well lit from outside), but I don't know where I'd keep those. I do have a spare for next door's fridge (she loses things...) er somewhere!

Reply to
PeterC

En el artículo , Bill Wright escribió:

Does for me. It always has every single bloody bulb except the one I want.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

isn't that true for all "premium" products

tim

Reply to
tim......

Miele is notorious for service charges and notorious for only allowing Miele registered technicians to have access to service manuals.

Miele is also the only mainstream white goods company I know of that charges for service repairs by the hour. £80 plus VAT per hour last time I checked.

Their products, all made in Germany, are incredible but outside of washing machines and dish washers there's probably not much benefit in buying Miele over a lower price premium brand.

They used to sell a £1500 built in Nespresso coffee machine which, iirc, was the only non oem and non Swiss mande Nespresso machine.

?55 for a bulb is crazy but completely consistent with Miele's approach to service and repair.

Great when it works well but not so great when it breaks.

Reply to
Gareth Davies

Ah, I was going to ask if the 55 including fitting by a Miele technician.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice
[Snip]

SWMBO has a Miele vacuum cleaner which was exhibiting a fault. She rang the company. For £90, they sent a box to pack the machine in, had it collected and returned two days later. Fault repaired and a further year's guarantee of the work.

[Snip]

and great on repairs, too.

Reply to
charles

+1, we have a Miele S7 upright, at about 4 years old it was making an odd whining sound, since it was under 10 year warranty they sent a box for it to be pack, had it collected, deemed it beyond economical repair and sent a brand new one out - a higher spec model too! FWIW We got the vacuum when it was first released, the new one they sent seems to be different in a few ways and much more refined.
Reply to
gremlin_95

I wouldn't say "always" but....

Reply to
Adam Funk

Larger white goods from Miele are expensive to repair. £80 an hour (a couple of years ago) for authorised service plus a decent markup on spares.

With Miele there is no option other than authorised service.

Miele will not supply service manuals to third party repairers. It's been an ongoing source of complaint from third party repairers.

Miele washing machines and dishwashers are made to a very high standard but, boy, you will pay when something goes wrong out of warranty.

Reply to
Gareth Davies

Untrue. We had out Miele washing machine mended by the same domestic appliance place we use for everything.

Reply to
Huge