I love my Miele but...

Bulb in swmbo's Miele integrated microwave blew. Pull the whole caboodle ou t of the cupboard. Remove about 10 screws and slide off the outer sleeve to gain access to the bulb. This has to be a bad design

Ring Miele Dublin for replacement bulb.

HOW MUCH ??

?55 for a bloody bulb.

rs&hash=item565dc161e0

or

Bought one from local retailer for ?4.51.

WTF

What margins do these people work to ?

Reply to
fred

That's the price of a new microwave

Why a twin pack for something that is likely to never require more than one replacement?

Does anyone have the same problem as myself, put the spare carefully away for future use but can never find it X years afterwards and have to buy another (twin) pack.

Reply to
alan

Buy a single bulb, it'll blow in a month. But a twin pack, it'll never ever go again. Cheap insurance...

Reply to
Adrian

BTGTS

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm

Gaffer tape it somewhere out of sight on the casing of the microwave

Reply to
The Other Mike

Does anyone NOT have that problem?!?

Reply to
Adam Funk

I always have it with those tiny bulbs for Mini-Maglites.

Reply to
Davey

Don't the Mini ones have a bulb storage area? The bigger ones doo...inside the spring.

Reply to
Bob Eager

out of the cupboard. Remove about 10 screws and slide off the outer sleeve to gain access to the bulb. This has to be a bad design

kers&hash=item565dc161e0

Probably priced for fitting.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Yes. But when the working bulb dies, and I use the spare, I buy a card with two bulbs on it, put one in the storage spot, and now I have a card with one bulb floating around. I usually find them when I have no need of them, of course.

By the way, in Michigan, the five D-cell Maglite is known as a Malice Green, after a black guy who was beaten to death with one by white Detroit cops while sitting in his car.

Truth is stranger than fiction.

Reply to
Davey

Me. I have a box labelled Bulbs, misc. It never fails.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Ah. OK. I do have one of those cimpartment boxes and keep spare (really spare) bulbs in that.

OTOH, most of my Maglites have been converted to LED.

Hmm.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Malice? That was his given name?

Reply to
GB

Are you certain they weren't quoting for the wrong part?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

not an integrated one

even without a "fancy" name on the front

tim

Reply to
tim......

If *I* had to guess-

no

tim

Reply to
tim......

Is there any real point in these 'integrated' ones - unless you don't have a real oven too?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

What's the point of any integrated appliance in the kitchen?

apart from the possibility of having a hob somewhere other than above the oven, the only point is "because it looks nicer"

tim

Reply to
tim......

Agreed

A matter of taste.

Reply to
Adrian

No. Right part. Spares department at least had the sense to apologise and s aid he was embarrassed having to ask this amount for it.

Incidentally the minimum call out charge for a Miele technician to this hou se, 20 miles from Dublin, is ?180.

Suck on that one

Reply to
fred