I HATE DIY!

Marvellous weekend, after 2 weeks of finishing work then coming home to start on the living room we thought we'd finally done - HA! We've stripped the walls, removed the dado rail, patched the cracks, hung lining paper, painted the ceiling, walls, woodwork. Fitted 3 new doors. Had the old fireplace removed and a shiny new one fitted. Ripped up the carpet and fitted laminate flooring (I know, I know but SWMBO likes it). Changed the old single plastic sockets for twin chrome - and light switches to match. In fact the place looked like something out of ideal home (if I say so myself - and I'll have to 'cos it looks like Baghdad high street now). Sunday night about 9.30 we sent the sprogs off to bed and turned the TV volume down. Hisss came the noise from behind the settee - and no it wasn't the dogs stomach trouble. Moved the settee and admired the small water feature that had appeared at the end of the radiator. What followed was a stunning example of teamwork. SWMBO used the kind and variety of language I normally only hear on site. I meanwhile rushed around like a Tasmanian devil on speed. Off with the flooring trim strip, up with 4 rows of flooring. Out with the circular saw and up with 3 floorboards. Fortunately I had one or two plumbing bits left over from the bathroom epic. Chopped through the pipe and fitted a blank. Turned off the radiator valve. Found out how hot the water in the central heating system is. Fitted burn-eze. Finally got to bed at midnight. Got up for work Monday at 5.30. Came downstairs, walked into the living room and put my foot straight down a hole some baboon had left in the floor. Found out how cold the water in the central heating system gets when it's been stood under the floor for a night. Finally got the pipework sorted last night. Tomorrow I'll have a go at the rest. Tonight I just wanted to have a bitch then go and get inebriated. Thankyou and goodnight. Richard
Frisket wrote: Tomorrow I'll have a go

Just think. In years to come, you'll look back on all this and think: "Those were the good days".
:-)
John.

Then B+Q started selling paragraph spaces (as well as caustic soda.)

"Those
Talking of which, Spouse looked at the ingredients list on his toothpast today. It contains that frightfully dangerous poison, NaOH ...
Don't know how there's room for it with all the other junk mind you.
Mary
Mary Fisher wrote:

I must say Mary - I'm shocked. I would've been willing to bet that you made your own toothpaste from a mixture of dung, lime, and some rare species of daffodil. You've shattered my reality.
--
Grunff

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 22:14:25 -0000, "Mary Fisher"

But isn't that for the kind of teeth that you clean *outside* the mouth, Mary......
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
On 04 Nov 2003, Frisket wrote
-snip-

Have a virtual one on me -- been there; not fun....
--
Cheers,
Harvey

Had
wasn't
devil
Out
pipe
bed
in
More please :-)
Mary
"Mary Fisher" wrote

Well, since the bodge artist I let into my house fitted a plastic push fit on one of my radiators, despite me telling him I was going to stone tile over it, I await the day when I spy drips of water through the ceiling.
I will be roundly cursing him when I'm pulling up grouted floor tiles to fix his efforts.
Cheers,
Paul.

As long as you let us know ...
Mary

Had
wasn't
devil
Out
pipe
bed
in
Woohoo! Hope you're well tanked by now. Like the bit about the baboon who left the hole.. reminds of another poster who left his bathroom with paint stripper on the windowsill and when he came back it had mysteriously launched itself into the brand new bath. Totally unconnected to him of course. Or that was what he was claiming to SWMBO I'll bet.
Suz wrote:

I may be mistaken in my belief...and too lazy to go check this for sure, but was He not a SHE in the first instance?
RM

poster
came
Totally
Don't think so. Couldn't possibly be. My settings have now deleted all entries. Here's hoping it's the same for everyone else.....
snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMblueyonder.co.uk says...

Just wait till you get hold of him, eh? Then you'll show him.
--
Hywel I do not eat quiche
http://hyweljenkins.co.uk /

Thankyou for brightening up my day, Richard :o) I think the laugh I've had is worth a couple of virtual pints to you!
Now lets start a thread about who of us has disconnected the waste from the kitchen sink and, well, you can guess the rest :) -- cheers,
witchy/binarydinosaurs
Been there done something simlar, you don't make the mistake twice.
At least you don't have to get the "pro" back in after he has been paid, now thats even more greif .........
Rick