Hydronic Central Heating Plinth Heater running costs

I am thinking of installing one of these in my kitchen instead of a radiator.

Are they expensive to run?

I imagine you need to have the fan running continually thus adding to the electricity bill.

Reply to
dog-man

To be Part L compliant, I believe you should be connecting this via a room thermostat, so the fan only runs when heat is required. Additionally, mine also has an internal thermostat which will only run the fan if the water pipe is hot.

As it happens, since I have set the thermostat relatively low, it only kicks in on really cold mornings, as the kitchen is otherwise well enough heated from cooking and solar gain.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon