How to operate Heatstore electric heater

I just moved into a flat and I can't find a way to switch on the heaters.

They are all Heatstore, one is bigger and it has a switch on the side, that one works. But the rest of them are a bit smaller and there is a switch only on the wall. I checked the fuses, I left them on all night but nothing.

Is there anyone who can help me with this? Thanks.

Reply to
Chris1986

Electric store heaters assume. There will be an isolator with fuses/miniature circuit breakers and a time switch for them somewhere. See if the number of fuses/MCBs corresponds with the number of heaters and that they are OK/switched on.

Reply to
harry

Hi

the heaters you describe are almost certainly storage heaters, ie they store up heat in bricks using cheap(er) electricity at specific timed intervals. The one that works will be a storage + convector. The convector part will be on a 24 hr supply, this is the bit that is working. Sounds like the storage supply is turned off or the timing device is faulty. Look for another fuse box with the main switch turned off. Hard to be more specific as there are so many permutations of 'off peak' supply.

Allan

Reply to
Allan Mac

A photo of you electrical "head end" (i.e. fuse, meter, consumer unit / fuse box) posted somewhere with a link here would help.

Reply to
John Rumm

Fuses in the FCU on the wall or fuses (MCBs) in the CU for the off peak supply?

Check the time switch, ours doesn't run when there is a power cut so the "off peak" period moves through the day depending on power cuts. Maybe your "off peak" is also at an odd time. Whilst you are in the region of the meter/timeswitch/CU's make sure the off peak one is actually switched on and the associated fuses/MCBs also OK/on.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Electric store heaters assume.

There will be an isolator with fuses/miniature circuit breakers and a time switch for them somewhere. See if the number of fuses/MCBs corresponds with the number of heaters and that they are OK/switched on.

Thanks for reply! I checked all of them, all switched on, but no result.

Reply to
Chris1986