How reliable is BES delivery?

Anyone got any experience of ordering from

How reliable is their delivery & do you know what carrier they use?

Placed an order late (i.e 1600hrs) on Monday. Website quotes next day - so would have expected to receive the items today.

Is this realistic - based on experience?

Reply to
Pete

Hi,

I have used BES several times and found them to be helpful and reliable. I live in Ireland and the goods have arrived in a couple of days. I don't know what carrier they use for UK deliveries.

Francis

Reply to
FrancisJK

Just turned up - with securicor!

Reply to
Pete

What did you buy? Solid gold taps?

Francis

Reply to
FrancisJK

I get a fair bit delivered by them, and they always seem to turn up near midday. Perhaps favoured customers get early deliveries?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Oddly enough I've just had a rather intersting delivery situation from BES! They used Tuffnells to deliver to my area (Devon). I placed the order on Thursday lunchtime and the first box of it was delivered on Monday. To my local hardware/DIY shop, as I wasn't in. (Box was damaged, but the goods were intact) 2nd box was delivered to the same place yesterday, as I wasn't in again. I'd contacted BES on monday evening and asked them to find out why I hadn't recieved the 2nd box (both boxes left BES at the same time, and why the first box was damaged. Goods were intect). Quite why the driver delivered them there, and not to a neighbour or back to the depot (15 minutes drive away) is all a bit odd, (and a little embarasing, as the local shoppe also sells plumbing bits)

I've had the depot manager of Tuffnells on the phone and everything seems to have been sorted out now.

So I'll order from BES again, but make sure I'm in when the courrier calls!

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote | I get a fair bit delivered by them, and they always seem to turn | up near midday. Perhaps favoured customers get early deliveries?

Probably those who pay for 10am or noon delivery are done first, then the any-time-today ones.

Alternatively (like me) you live near where the drivers park up to eat their chips.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Always get to you and is correct (sample of about 10 orders).

Consider it to be a reliable next week rather than next day. Cf. S/fix which can be thought to be a reliable day after next.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

I ordered items on Monday evening from BES.

Order Date: 23 August 2004 at 19:07:56

My package arrived here in Ireland today, Thursday 26 August, around noon.

Everything in order.

Francis

Reply to
FrancisJK

In message , Ed Sirett writes

For the first time ever, I didn't receive my Screwfix order the next day or following day.

Checked the site and it hasn't been dispatched yet, so won't becoming today (assuming it is correct)

Reply to
chris French