How much for this??

Hi everyone,

Just working out money spent on renovation, were trying to keep it to 10k with a 2k contingency (Which we look like breaking into!) Most things have been bought or done, but we still need Wall tiles for Kitchen/Bathroom, Carpet and Re-Wiring of lights. And £246.12, precise I know but that's excel for you.

Anyhow I'm not too worried about Carpet and Tiles, but I am about the Re-Wiring of the lights. Ok I have all the light switches, cable and light fittings but all we need to do is run two lighting circuits. Lights seem to have pretty good clear conduit and there's good access to loft and the 1st floor as its all floor boards. Ok there's 11 light switches, and 10 Lights. The CU is under the stairs and goes straight under the floor boards on the

1st floor. Obviously this is just a round idea but would be nice to know a ball park figure if only so I don't fall of my chair when told.

Cheers Olly

Reply to
The Question Asker

Remove the point. Reverse the figure around. Put the £ pounds sign back in front. That should how much.

Or, you could ask a local sparks for an estimate.

Reply to
BigWallop

Reply to
The Question Asker

It's a very difficult thing to come up with, without actually seeing the layout of the property, I'm afraid. It also depends on the sparks you select to do the work for you. Someone from a larger firm may need to charge call outs and other overheads, where as a small one man band may give you the same quality of work at half the price. So, you see how difficult it is to actually give you a definitive answer on this.

Reply to
BigWallop

Ok thanks anyway, looks like yellow pages

Reply to
The Question Asker

Hard to say... If you think each light looks relatively simple without too much fuss chasing walls and making good again afterwards, you could guess at say an average of one hours work per light. That would give you a minimum of a couple of man days worth of effort. Add in some time for testing etc. Perhaps a figure in the range 500 - 1250 would not be unreasonable.

Reply to
John Rumm

Reply to
The Question Asker