How many cats in your coffee?

28 of them in the 2 bed bungalow I worked at earlier.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Jesus, 28 of them! I bet it was a bit whiffy in there. We thought it was bad enough that someone we know had 9 ... until we found out that she had a mental health problem that made it difficult for her to get rid of things and that she had another 13 that had died over the years in the freezer! Even worse, she'd take them out and pet them when she was watching TV.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Ouch.

I cannot make a funny comment about that. And yes it did stink in the house.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Steve Walker wibbled on Monday 05 July 2010 19:41

Was that a Polish woman (or other EU). I couldn't understand anything she said, except there seemed to be an accent.

Reply to
Tim Watts

That was "Broad Yorkshire" see

are not expected to understand it or understand anything she said:-)

Cheers

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

ARWadsworth wibbled on Monday 05 July 2010 20:11

And I lived in York for 3 years! Took me 1 year to work out "eeeee-pre!" was "Evening Press" :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

I did wonder.....

We have 5, it was 6 - the tom cat went walkabout a couple of weeks ago, but as he walked in on us a couple of years ago I'm somehow not so bothered about him disappearing.

I reckon 5 or 6 is just about the the upper limit before they just become a colony, and yes, hygiene features high on the daily chores to keep the place sweet smelling.

Reply to
The Wanderer

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "ARWadsworth" saying something like:

the worktops, no thanks. I like cats, I've always had a cat or two knocking around, but they're never allowed higher than a chair cushion.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I had 1 cat for almost 22 years. I don't recall having to do anything on the hygiene front, except for the odd slip-up during the first few days as a kitten, her rapid decline during last few days when we wouldn't let her out, and the occasional summer flea/worm treatments. Come to think of it, had to give her a semi-bath on one occasion after she'd rubbed under someone's engine sump and come in caked in black oil.

The cats looked in OK condition on the video. Often when you see a house with so many cats, they're all manky/mangey. Mine wasn't allowed onto tables/worktops either.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

The house is laminated throughout and seemed well sweep. I know some of the cats are not in good health but they do see a vet and the illness is one the reasons that they live there.

I am not used to the litter tray smell. My cat never used the litter tray so I got rid of it. I suspect that the litter trays were due to be emptied.

I was not impressed with the fact that they were on every kitchen surface.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Yeah, and they can't understand us Suvverners either. When I was younger, we were somewhere in Yorkshire - Bronte country, or Scarborough, I forget now - and went into a cafe. I ordered pizza and chips. And a plate of mushy peas and chips turned up. Oooh yuk!!

Reply to
John Whitworth

I remember my sister's kitten walking up the kitchen wallpaper. It was that vinyl-like, spongy wallpaper, and she just clawed her way up to the top.

Reply to
John Whitworth

If you look carefully you will see that that is where the food bowls are.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Huh, that'll learn you to order pizza and chips, you oik!

Next time you just order two eggs chips fried slice sos and beans yum yum.

Reply to
Tim Streater

SOS? is that 999? :-)

Reply to
Adrian C

How do they get down, from that or a tree?

Dave

Reply to
dave

They fall. When I fostered some kittens I just used to put the setee cushions under the curtains to save them when they fell after climbing them.

Or you just get sctrached

any decent cat know that the correct way to get down from a tree is to wait until a big red fire engine turns up and then just effortlessly climb out of the tree.

Cheers

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Oi - This was nearly 30 years ago!

Now I'd just order a pint and a packet of pork scratchings from the pub next door! ;-)

Reply to
John Whitworth

How the f*ck do you make a plate out of mushy peas?

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Surely you missed out the SPAM!

Oh and okay, I won't call you Shirley again.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker