How describe those cable ties for tidying cable?

I am looking to buy what I might call "cable ties" or even "cable tidies".

I do not mean the usual self-locking nylon strip that is called a cable tie.

I do not mean the "re-usable" or "releasable" or "trigger release" versions of the above.
mean something more like this:
type I am thinking of is a sort of "cable tidy" which you might get on the mains lead of a new TV. It tends to be wider than the nylon ties, perhaps made of high-density polythene rather than nylon, and had more exaggerated ridges than the last picture.

Does anyone know what the correct term is for that and where I can get them in the UK?

Reply to
Jon D

They are sold in garden shops as plant ties - various sizes for e.g. fruit trees etc. Usually dark green or black only

cheers

Jacob

Reply to
owdman

Have you considered the velcro type used in the computing industry?

Reply to
Scimmy

How about these

Charlie Drake

===================

under cable ties / wire collect

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Or the wire-in-plastic freezer-bag ties that are often used to keep cables coiled up in the boxes of computer and hi-fi equipment.

Reply to
Martin Underwood

Try the 99p shop, if you have one near. My local has nice bundles of all pretty colours. I would not recommend the use of the metal cored, freezer bag tie, as this will leave a sharp metal end, to either stab you with, or scratch the motherboard causing a short.

Thank You

Reply to
Dave

Try Maplin - "cable ties"

Philip Herlihy

CBBR7716, CBBR7717, CBBR7866 and CBBR7867 are similar.

sponix

Reply to
Sponix

above company are the UK distributor for what you are after.

Reply to
Wibble

Thank you to everyone who answered. Most helpful and I have got some new ideas on what I might use. Cheers!

Reply to
Jon D