Hotpoint washer dryer not getting hot on the dry program

Hello,

I have a Hotpoin WD860 combined washer dryer and the dryer has just stopped working. It goes through all the motions but it is not getting hot. I have seen some posts about fuses, heating elements and bi- metalic strips but I am not sure where to look for them. I anyone has any ideas what could be wrong or where I should look for these parts it would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Gary

Reply to
Gazza

mine was as simple as the wire snapping on the heater element which sits on top of drum just under the top(not sure what my model was as its since been replaced)

Reply to
Kevin

When you remove the top ( unplug it first) you will find a metal heater box that has the fan and heater in it. Also on or inside this box you will find the thermostat, over heat protection and. probably, a lot of fluff.

You need to remove the fluff, check the thermostat, and protection device.

Reply to
dennis

Could be any of the bits you said. Only way to find out which is to test each one.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Looks like the switch which is in line with the heating element. Is that the over temp or the thermostat (or both)? Any ideas as to the best place to by one (UK)?

Many thanks

Gary

Reply to
Gazza