hotpoint dc27

Hi We are just out of the warranty of this dishwsher and now have another problem. When we turn it on, it goes through the prewash cycle, and empties. Then once it begins the wash cycle it stops and it sounds as though the motor is trying to start but failing. We have checked that there is nothing caught and emptied everything out but still no luck. The light on the prewash remains solid green but if you leave it long enough the wash light flashes green. Any ideas of what could be causing this? Thanks, any ideas appreciated. Kate

Reply to
kate

You could check the motor brushes to see if they are worn down. I had a problem with a washing machine that would stop occasionally and not get going again, yet if you took the back off and ( carefully ) spun the drum drive wheel aroud, the motor would burst into life, accompanied by a fair amount of sparking ( due to the poor brush/commutator contact ). Remember to pull the plug out if you're poking around inside with the brushes.

Andy.

Reply to
Andy

Do dishwashers have motors with brushes? In 30 years of owning a dishwasher I've never had brush failure, but on average I'd say I'd only had 2-3 years out of a set of washing machine brushes.

Reply to
<me9

The circulation pump motor sitting on my desk doesn't have brushes...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

They dont and never have.

Reply to
powerstation

Oops my mistake, I didn't read the post properly, I thought it was a washing machine!

Andy.

Reply to
Andy

Does the appliance fill with water then make the noise or is ti draining when it makes the noise ?

Reply to
powerstation