Hot Water Cylinder - Compression or Solder Fittings

I have an urgent requirement to change my hot water cylinder, the old one is leaking. The system is an indirect primatic combination cylinder and after getting a replacement cylinder in three days after all the plumbers merchants telling me minimum two weeks sometimes more I am ready for fitting. I would like to know if it is recommended to fit solder fittings or would it be best to use compression fittings?
Neil.

part. I have threaded fittings on my cylinder so that's taken care of there, but in your case I would try to use compression. That said, it depends how much room you have - compression fittings take up more room so if you need to make some tight bends close to the cyl you may have no choice.
--
fred