Hot behind a radiant bathroom heater?

I'm planning on moving an old radiant bathroom heater (a long horizontal red heating coil) which looks something like the top ones here:

the wall I want to move it to is a wooden tongue and groove partition.

Is this likely to heat up and catch fire?

should I put some plywood or pink platerboard or something else between the heater and the wood?

[george]
Reply to
george [dicegeorge]

It *should* be okay, but I think I'd err on the side of caution and use a piece of asbestolux board. also check clearance to the ceiling.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

If you let it shine on the wood close by, it'll damage it, resin will be drawn out onto the surface. I'd add some pb.

NT

Reply to
NT