Homebuilding/renovating show - any good?

Screwfix have sent me vouchers for the Homebuilding and renovating show at the NEC from 10-13th April.

I'm tempted to go to have a look around, but before I decide, I thought I'd see if anyone has been before, and was it worthwhile?

Thanks Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

In message , A.Lee writes

Umm... long walk from the car park!

ISTR there was some confusion finding which entry queue dealt with concessionary tickets. You are expected to fill in a personal details form which, in my case, has resulted in endless mails advertising NEC events.

I was specifically interested in heat pumps and found three stands with reasonable displays.

It is a big site and well attended so you won't pop round in a few minutes. Restaurants adequate: otherwise no where to sit down.

I haven't been back:-)

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I think I'll go for a look. It is only 45minutes from me by car/motorbike, or an hour by train, and a few new ideas may open my eyes to new business oportunities (well I can but hope!) Thanks Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

Never stop looking mate! Try not to buy anything though!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

They usually have buses at NEC. Actually the train is quite a good option.

.. only if you give them your real address....

i try to avoid the place.

Reply to
Andy Hall