Hinges for heavy door

Hi all. I bought 28mm x 113mm door frame timbers from B & Q to make a 76cm wide door for the shed. I will use 3 pieces of 18mm x

140mm for the ledgers with 12mm coach bolts (2 bolts thru each vertical)

I also bought a pack of 3 brass 30mm x 75mm hinges. I used some of the oak for the frame but its only about 28mm by 45mm.

Is the door going to be too heavy for this arrangement?

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
51

I would not have thought so, although I can't quite visualise what you are doing.

Reply to
John Rumm

it will have 6 vertical boards (28mm x 131mm) with 3 horizontal boards 145mm x 18mm, top middle and bottom.

12mm coach bolts to hold it all together.

Arthur

Reply to
51

That's not going to be a very heavy door, 3 x 75mm hinges should hold it OK.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Thanks, Dave.

Arthur