Hide halogen spot track in ceiling void.

Take a look at this track spot:

see the transformer at the back, I would like to know if there is any reason why the transformer could not be hidden in the ceiling void. I was thinking of making a wood 'raft' to sit between the joists and mount the transformer on it, much like you do for a junction box mounting.

I would clear the area of debris and insulation.

Cheers

EC.

Reply to
EricCartman

Fwom:EricCartman (ERIC___ snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com)

Why not? You'd just need to make connections somehow between tf and track, thus voiding any waranty, and making the conecting cable visible.

Really though, I'd go the whole hog, and put the track and spots in the ceiling void as well. Reckon it'd look better. ;)

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

On 11 Jan 2005 23:40:21 -0800, "EricCartman" strung together this:

Because it's attached to the front of the track. You could put it in a remote location but it would no longer be connected to the track so wouldn't work.

I fyou want a low profile track with no transformer on show buy the proper kit from a non-diy place.

Reply to
Lurch

Any links to where I can view/buy such things? If they do them then I want one!

Reply to
EricCartman

On 12 Jan 2005 23:45:21 -0800, "EricCartman" strung together this:

Just search for track lighting, or pop into your local electrical wholesalers for a peek at proper stuff.

Reply to
Lurch