HELP:Removing Rubber From Anaglypta Wallpaper

Hello All I have recently bought one of those telescopic ladders,and was trying it out in my recently decorated living room,when I notice the rubber on the end of the top of the ladder had rubbed on the anaglypta wallpaper and left a great big mark.This is a major problem,as it's literally just been decorated and this mark sticks out like a sore thumb. What I have tried so far is a: very slightly damp cloth,no good, same cloth with washing up liquid in it,no good, a washing up brush,as I thought the slight abrasive-ness of the brush might get it off,no good. Any ideas,other than redecorate,which is out of the question.

All help is very much appreciated

Mike

Reply to
ioan davies

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 22:08:41 GMT, ioan davies head down on the keyboard, banged out this message:

.. xxHello All .. xxI have recently bought one of those telescopic ladders,and was trying .. xxit out in my recently decorated living room,when I notice the rubber on .. xxthe end of the top of the ladder had rubbed on the anaglypta wallpaper .. xxand left a great big mark.This is a major problem,as it's literally .. xxjust been decorated and this mark sticks out like a sore thumb. .. xx .. xxWhat I have tried so far is a: .. xxvery slightly damp cloth,no good, .. xxsame cloth with washing up liquid in it,no good, .. xxa washing up brush,as I thought the slight abrasive-ness of the brush .. xxmight get it off,no good. .. xx Any ideas,other than redecorate,which is out of the question. .. xx .. xxAll help is very much appreciated .. xx .. xxMike

Bang a nail in and hang a picture over the offending mark !

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

I thought about that but the mark is about a foot above the radiator and will be a bit on the low side.

Any other suggestions?

Mike

Reply to
ioan davies

Another rubber, a big soft bungee pencil eraser might work.

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard

As might a melamine foam 'eraser' cleaning block.

Also highly recommended for removing tea/coffee stains from teaspoons.

Reply to
Rod

or bluetac

Reply to
Paul Herber

You needed an extension ladder to paint above a radiator?

Reply to
Phil L

Answer 1 - white spirit.

Answer 2 - buy an oven glove (really a mitt) & hook it over the rubber bits next time.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

=================================== You could try rubbing the mark with a wadge of bread. Old style remedies sometimes work on new materials.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Have you got any of the original paint?

If you have, then find a piece of smooth sponge and wet it with the paint. Not too much.

Dab the sponge at the centre of the mark and move it, dabbing in a circular fashion, moving to an ever widening circle, until you run out of paint. This will taper the paint's edge, so you don't notice it.

If you don't have any of the original paint, then find some obscure place to strip off a small piece of anaglypta and take it to your local Dulux paint centre and they will mix some up for about £8-00. I have used this method many times.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Fit a deeper radiator.

Reply to
1501

Hello All Thanks for all the helpful suggestions,and please keep them coming,I will give them all a go until it comes off,will let you know which one works at a later date,ok.

Very very much appreciated Mike

Reply to
ioan davies