Height of Propane gas boiler

I live in Spain so the rules will be different but....is there a minimum distance between the bottom of a boiler and the floor. It is a propane powered enclosed fan type boiler???

A fitter took one look at the position and said the minimum was 140 cms floor to bottom of boiler, seems a lot to me???

Reply to
Trevorhh

In the UK that would depend on what it said in the instructions. In many cases the clearances are about allowing the unit to be serviced properly.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Agreed but 140 cms 1.4 metres or 4' 7" ...

140 mm I could understand.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yes well i thought the clearances around a boiler where smallish say

100 to 200 mm anyway a boiler seems to fit in a 600mm kitchen wall cupboard. Just for servicing access.

This is all a big learning curve here. If I was doing it again I would go to a Spanish "Fonteneria autorizado" and ask them to site and install the boiler and gas bottles and flu and see if they would accept me doing the water pipes and the rads. Of course they really want the whole job.

If you can get anyone to have a look. It seems impossible to get someone to check and safety test your own work. You need a "certiificado de installation" before the gas company will do its own safety checks before they will supply the bottles. This certificate can only be given by an authorized plumber. Having run in a copper gas pipe with soldered joints I found out that the joints need to be braised as Propane eats into solder, so it all had to come out. Now it looks as though I am going to have a major reciting of the boiler and bottles..

I think the message here is clear forget about diy boiler installation. in Spain

Reply to
Trevorhh

Slow Cooked Copper Pipe ....mmmmmm Deeelish !!!

Reply to
Stuart B

He said the jo>> I am going to have a major reciting of the boiler and bottles..

... at which recital the braised joints will be served, presumably. Obviously quite a soireé :~)

I didn't know that - does butane do the same?

Reply to
Andy Wade

Would that be lamb ?

I didn't know that either .

Reply to
Stuart B

The boiler manufacturers have confirmed that aas far as they are concerned the clearance below the boiler is what we all thought.i.e. enough for servicing access and connection say 150 mm ish

Reply to
Trevorhh