heating will not urn off

i have a central heating system with a hot water tank, my thermostat is in living room and programmer is in kitchen next to my baxi floor standing boiler, i have a pump inthe tank cupboard and two zone valves one for hot water and one for my heating. when i turn my heating on the heating will come on but then when its due to go of the heating does not turn of. i have had to turn the thermostat down on the boiler and then turn the programmer to the off possition. any ideas to why the heating will not go of at the end of the timed programme?

Reply to
andy roberts

Honeywell 2 port zone valves?

Does the heating valve open and close when the room thermostat and/or programmer is not calling / not calling for heat for heat?

You can tell if it's open as the manual lever at one end of the valve can be moved without any resistance/ When it's closed the manual lever can open it and you will feel considerable resistance from the return spring and gears.

If it is operating OK the probable fault is the micro switch in the valve is stuck closed keeping the boiler firing.

Reply to
Graham.

Agreed. The OP has an S-Plan system, where the programmer and room stat control the CH zone valve and the programmer and cylinder stat control the HW valve.

Both valves have auxiliary switches which close when the valve is fully open. These have a permanent live feed, and switch on the boiler and pump when either or both valves are open.

If a valve sticks open, or if its auxiliary switch welds closed, the system will operate regardless of what the programmer and stats are doing.

So that's where to look!

Reply to
Roger Mills

This sounds similar to my earlier thread, entitled: Honeywell Boiler Wiring. A lot of your debugging information may well be in there.

Good luck! The good folks here know what they are talking about, and have helped me considerably.

Reply to
Davey

There are some similarities in that, in both cases, a zone valve seized in the open position can cause the HW and/or CH to run when it shouldn't

- but when you get down to detail, there are a fair few differences between a C-Plan and S-Plan system.

Hopefully, the S-Plan-specific answers provided by others and myself will have been some help.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Is there any progress on this problem, Andy with with no 'Shift' key? It reminds me of Archy and Mehitabel.

Reply to
Davey

He must have a shift key - he used a question mark.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Good point.

Reply to