Heating

Hi, I have a honeywell system that has 3 motorised valve zones v4043h, one for heating, other two for upstairs heating and downstairs heating. On turning the hand held thermostats down stairs came on no problems, upstairs attempted but after 5 minutes it went off. Again tried 3 days later the very same, boiler kicked in started warming the rads upstairs too go off after 5 minutes. Any ideas, a sticky valve thats not opening or has the motor failed. I am assuming the powerhead is fine if it at least attempted, ruled out pump and boiler obviously because downstairs is fine.

Anyone have an insight, this would be greatly recieved.

Raylea

Reply to
Raylea

I presume you mean one for *water* heating and the other two for space heating?

I presume that by "hand-held thermostats" you mean that you have wireless stats for both space heating zones? If so, each will communicate wirelessly with its own base station - each of which will have a little green light to indicate when it is on.

When the upstairs heating goes off unexpectedly:

  • What does the wireless unit say in terms of Target Temperature and Actual Temperature? Does it display the little flame symbol to indicate that it thinks it's on?
  • Is the green lamp lit on the upstairs base unit?
  • Does the lever on the upstairs zone valve move freely to indicate that the valve is open?

If you can answer these questions, it will help us to work out what's going on.

Reply to
Roger Mills