Heated Towel Rails and Lighting Circuits

Or the lighting circuit if more convenient...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The message from "Dave Plowman (News)" contains these words:

Except that on a split-load CU the lighting circuit won't have a RCD.

Reply to
Guy King

Shouldn't matter if the lighting circuit is earthed which of course I'm assuming.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The message from "Dave Plowman (News)" contains these words:

But a faulty earth (which happen fairly often, I suspect) would leave you very vulnerable.

Reply to
Guy King

As it would on anything not normally RCD fed. Like cookers. Washing machines. Etc. However, if the rail is in a certain part of the bathroom it would need supplementary bonding anyway.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 13:50:56 GMT someone who may be Guy King wrote this:-

Having read the rest of this sub-thread, the question is, "so what?" An earth fault that develops on its own isn't that common and of it was installed properly there will be supplementary bonding.

The supplementary point is that not all ring mains have RCDs.

Reply to
David Hansen