Halogen spotlights a fire risk?

The OP did say the house was a show house and was over 2 years old.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Sorry - missed the 2 year bit. BTW nice shade of brown on the T&E at the halogen

Geo

I use these things where necessary - they are small enough to be poked up through a downlighter hole:

David

Reply to
Lobster

Reply to
ARWadsworth

My bathroom lights were wired exactly the same way. I've replaced it all with proper junction boxes. And *I'm* the one breaking the law!

Reply to
Huge

On 8 Mar 2007 09:29:42 GMT someone who may be Huge wrote this:-

While I agree with you about the stupidity of rules passed by Mr Prescott and his empire, unless the junction boxes are in the bathroom then the minor alteration of installing them yourself seems to be something that is allowed within the mad rules.

Reply to
David Hansen

The 'chocbox' can be useful for this sort of thing (subject to the accessibility requirements):

Andy Wade

getting the builders back in. At least I have photos now...

Reply to
James P