guides to The Regs

I'm looking for a reference/guide book on home wiring: a (good) bit more detailed than The Collins Big Book of DIY and a bit easier going than The Regs. I'm just completing a slap through in our kitchen and so have lights to move, cable to re-route, a dedicated cooker circuit and more sockets to add.

It may be time for a new consumer unit whiler I'm at it, though I might have to leave that to the pros (though it looks straightforward enough).

Amazon turns up the following, anyone got any comments one way or the other, or any alternative suggestions.

Electrician's Guide to IEE Wiring Regulations 7th Edition:

Wiring Regulations: Explained and Illustrated:

urchaidh

aimed at people taking the C&G exams). It is also part of a set of three. The others being:

am told that if you have a peek with eDonkey, you may find the set of

3 available as a big PDF!)

The one "Must Have" however, is the "On Site Guide":

John Rumm

is the best IMHO.

Al

Reply to
Al Reynolds

Try also:

Gel

than "metres".

Reply to
Frank Erskine

How long is a piece of measuring equipment?

Reply to
mickael