Greenhouse glass - source?

I am hoping to replace most of the glass in a greenhouse in the spring - where do you get this? It is a standard size? The g-house is aluminium and seems otherwise to be in fair nick. Mike

Reply to
Mike Jones

A glass merchants. Ask for greenhouse glass, but check the thickness.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Try a glass merchant

Reply to
Mike Taylor

I found my local garden centre did it, £2 a piece, I assume standard size. That reminds me...

Reply to
enuff

I think it's called "horticultural glass" it's not as good a quality as normal glass, so it's nice and cheap :) Just look for a glass merchants on yell.com and go down and take your dimensions.

Reply to
Joe Woods

In message , Joe Woods writes

As other shave said any glass merchants will have it.

Some greenhouse now come with toughened glass which isn't so cheap, but that's not likely the case here....

Standard GH glass panels are 610mm (2 foot) square. do check the sizes but most likely most of the panels will be this size.

Last time I bought some it cost about GBP3 a piece.

Reply to
chris French

is that like tomato sauce but sharper?

Mike Jones wrote: