Green turf roofs

I found

which was interesting but haven't been able to give it proper scrutiny yet. The new shed won't be put up until winter, too many other things to do before then.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In message , Tim Lamb wrote

It's a roof planted with Sedum

's a better photo at

Alan

In message , Alan writes

That's the job.

AFAIR the structure had some horizontal retaining slats prior to planting. Difficult to see much from the road due to some careful landscaping.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Nice roof, although the copywriting could be better: "Sun Power - Photo voltaic cells in the roof provide 80% of our hot water."

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I was looking at their membranes last week. They look ideal for doing it "properly", but as mentioned I'm aiming for very low standards over an existing corrugated roof. I don't think I need quite as much perfection as they're offering, nor do I need to spend the couple of hundred it's likely to cost for this fairly small shed.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Also they can keep the temperature at 110 degrees Celsius without need for refrigeration [quote] Amazing [/quote] :)

Reply to
Alan

Hmm.

Nor would I :-)