Good quality, cheap, open tote type toolbags - recommendations?

I'm looking to buy 3 tool bags, and do away with the old plastic parts bins I use for joinery tools and plumbing tools (and the little heap somewhere for electrical tools).

I really like the open tote type bags - fairly rigid, with lots and lots of narrow vertical tool pockets (because I'm always needing to borrow just one thing from one of the other kits).

So - I'm looking for excellent quality, with a reasonable price when buying 3 of them.

I really like the FatMax ones - too expensive.

B&Q currently have a basic Stanley one on offer for 15 quid, and a DeWalt for 17 quid - both half the original price. Still - multiply that by 3, and it's more than loose change.

Anyone seen a top deal they would recommend?

Reply to
dom

Bought one of the DeWalt ones last week, well pleased with it.

Axminster have some excellent tool bags, but the prices have increased recently

ASCENDING

I have 2 of these

1 of these
well made for the price.

ITS London have a good range as well

member - tool bag lovers club :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Why bother buying an open topped bag when a plastic bucket is so much more affordable and get tools out ofable?

Get a bag that has a lid. I bought a wheeled suitcase from a car-boot for =A32 which is more than adequate, superior to the Ryobi bag I had been using and has an handle for dragging should it even need to be.

The worst buy I ever had was the plastic upright tool box a fashion now mirrored in many DIY shops. It was virtually uncarriable and too small to house a saw. The upper part was OK if you had a place to store the bottom. But then the bottom was Total crap =3D no handles, too small for anything useful, too flimsy for heavy tools; unusable and open to the elements.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

For rough old masonry tools - ideal.

For nice joinery tools and instruments, I want something like I've described.

Reply to
dom

I'm using a new Irwin. Big enough that I can barely lift it when loaded. Straps a bit poor, but the bag's good. Decent internal pockets.

Best of all, just 13 quid from No Frills DIY (Clearance shed for Focus)

Reply to
Andy Dingley