Glue

I need to glue some notices encased in plastic pockets to galvanised steel sheet. Hopefully so that disgruntled dog walkers are unable to peel them off.

I have a tin of Evostick. Is there a better alternative?

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Sticks like sh*t or similar MS polymer (like silicone)

Reply to
John Stumbles

What he said... Defo silicone ( easy to do with minimal tools and mess) but wont they just beable to take the sheet outta the plastic pockets? Surely encapsulating them in laminated plastic is better?

Reply to
Dean Heighington

The spray on impact adhesive would probably be easier - but the conventional tin will work as well.

Reply to
John Rumm

both useless as have very little adherence to polythene.

impact the way to go.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

silicone useless. It peels straight off poly.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

As others have said what is the plastic of the pocket. Do you mean the heat applied laminated type or the soft flexable things used for filing stuff in folders?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Sorry, That's what I meant.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Heat applied laminated stuff.

I suppose cyanoacrylate would do the job but 6 to do A4 size.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In article , Tim Lamb writes

No use, brittle, not guaranteed for plastic and not good for external use.

Evilstik used in true contact mode sounds ideal, a v generous layer on back of notice will transfer to the mating surface on contact without too much overlap, then separate it immediately, wait for it to go off then make a proper contact bond.

If anyone defaces a notice then the plastic will likely come off with a sharpened scraper for easy replacement without the need to remove old glue (make spares :-).

The modified polymer goop is excellent but takes a while to go off so could just be peeled off in the mean time.

Reply to
fred

How about covering the back of the laminated notice with anti-climb paint? Secure it with gaffer tape at the top and bottom, leaving the sides untaped. A vandal will instinctively thrust several fingers behind the laminate sheet in order to tear it away.

Reply to
Steve Walker

No. It is a map showing rights of way, farm fields picked out in green and some polite admonishments about what you and your dog can and cannot do on land not in public ownership:-)

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Evo-stik is good, as is a PU panel sealant like Sikkaflex (if you have a tube open already)

I screwed mine down though, through wooden battens across the top.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Or dogshit. There's probably plenty of that available.

I need a notice that says poop-scooping your dogshit is a good start, but throwing the bags up onto my workshop roof isn't.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Yes. Perhaps wait for the initial response. Apart from the bit about ball throwers it is fairly non-controversial.

Plenty more in the printer:-)

First batch are on glossy photo paper so might last the summer.

UV protective plastic pockets anyone?

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Evostick it is.

I have a mixture of sites: metal gates and timber and will use Tek self drilling screws.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

drilling screws.

This thread seems to have engaged the community :)

I am picturing the gamekeeper from Monarch of the Glen, patrolling the property with a shotgun... That would work ;-)

Deano

Reply to
Dean Heighington

In my opinion yes, I've used this in the past to stick plastic pockets to steel and even to brick:

's like epoxy adhesive on a roll and it sticks well to polythene and PVC.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Looks like an interesting product, but no description on the website

Evostik is usually pretty reliable because the solvent dissolves plastics enough to bond with them

Reply to
stuart noble

In article , Tim Lamb writes

For the next batch a colour laser would do better, sounds like you don't have one but colour copies from a print shop will do just as well.

A good 6mm clear border round the outside of the sheet will help it resist aggressive attempts at delamination and makes it more resistant to the weather. IME laminated paper is more robust than laminated card (no layers to separate), 250micon sleeves (125+125) work well here with a good quality laminator.

The notices sound helpful and informative, do keep us posted on comic events or dramas as the tale unfolds.

Reply to
fred