Glass tiles and deep do do

I've set a line of glass decorative tiles in the bathroom. They are a piece of coloured glass with a sort of paint layer on the back so you can't see right through them. Of course on this layer bloody B&Q stuck their impossible to remove bar code label which is to tell them each tile costs 3 quid! I tried scraping one off and scratched the backing on one tile so left them on. Anyway on to the real grief - a week after setting on about half the tiles the backing is coming away from the glass and looks sort of wrinkly like crepe paper. So that's about 60 quid wasted and they'l have to come off. Is there, does anyone know, a special adhesive for these tiles, it's a new one on me. Thanks

Try warming a tile with the label on to see if that softens the glue...
I`m not convinced that putting tiles on and relying on label glue to hold them was entirely sane, sorry :-}
Peter wrote:

No, but I know how to get labels off.
Try dunking in white spirit, or better still cellulose thinners.
Then use a non scratch scourer to scrub off the softened goop.
I am sure car body filler would hold them up as well.
writes

Or better - label remover (from e.g. CPC)
Alternatively, ask B&W how to safely remove their labels and tell them you want it for free

--
geoff

Peter wrote:

If it doesn't say anything special on the packaging, I think you've a strong case for a stern complaint/refund.
be snipped-for-privacy@thai.com! Shop all amazing products and get our special offers!

Try WD40, it removes computer printer labels very well.
Chris

Screwfix do a mirror mastic that's safe for the backing of mirrors.