Getting rid of moles

I've got EIGHT (count them, EIGHT) mole repellers in my 20m square garden, 4 which rattle and 4 which give off a tone. This morning I opened my curtains and there in the middle of my newly laid lawn was another hill. How the hell do you get rid of them? |FC

Reply to
freecycle

Call into your local Golf Course and ask the Head Greenkeeper who on his crew would like a drink for sorting the problem. Many courses have a registered poisons person for just that purpose. On the one I worked at there were 2 people registered to use the "Banned to the public" chemicals and poisons.

Swivel chair and shot gun.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Go to youtube, and look for "jasper carrot moles"...

Reply to
Colin Wilson

My grandfather used to get up at 4am as the daylight starts appearing, and sit watching the lawn. As a mole hill rises up, you whack it hard with a heavy spade. That's the end of that mole.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

In message , freecycle writes

Shotgun, swivel chair and torch gaffa taped to a safety helmet.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Angle gr...

Reply to
Lobster

Wouldn't that be a little top heavy?

Reply to
<me9

Propane + remote spark from a converted piezo electric gas lighter?

PeterK

Reply to
PeterK

tactiocal nuclear weapon.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 12:41:33 +0100, The Natural Philosopher had this to say:

Cauterisation.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

and what does the chair do?

Reply to
PeterC

Swivels...

Reply to
S Viemeister

like a lighthouse :-)

Reply to
Adrian C

Concrete over the bloody lot.

Reply to
Jules

Mole Grips?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Don't laugh. Once I had a Guy Fawkes barbecue, and saw one of the buggers scrabbling around. I grabbed it in the tongs, and pretended to drop it on the fire, but actually dropped it in the ground behind.

Years later I was told that everybody believed I had burnt it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

So it's dark when you're popping off at these things, or you wouldn't need a torch.

I'm glad it isn't _my_ neighbour setting of a 12 bore at 4 am!

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

And oxygen. Video at:

Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

Hmm, I bet someone could rig up a little robot with a vision system to do that automatically... just randomly pootles around the garden, unattended, clobbering anything that appears...

Reply to
Jules