Getting paint off the bay window?

Anyone know of a quick way of doing this without the use of a HeatGun?

Past experiance with heat guns tells me they dont last, even when you let them cool down for 10/15 minutes.

Thanks

Reply to
ben

My Bosch is still going strong after many years of abuse. But you could always try a gas or paraffin torch.

Reply to
Rob Morley

I nearly blew meself up with one o those. :-O

Reply to
ben

Eh? My B&D must be 25 years old and still going strong. And it's been used for hours at a time.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Whats that idea that I have seen on the TV where they cover a moulding in cellophane and some stripper(paint not the female type)?

anyone know?

Reply to
ben

Heh! then the new type are crap, cos I have only stripped a Bedroom door and then started on the bay window 20 minutes after, it just died on me.

B&D KX2000K 2000W

Reply to
ben

Hi Ben

Then return it from whence it came & get a refund!

You only have three options;

Burn it off. Sand it off. Chemically remove it.

Burning is faster & cheaper IME.

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

Are you sure it's dead, and not merely resting? These hot air guns tend to come with overheat cut-outs, and will shut down automatically after a certain length of time. You have to wait something like 10 minutes before they reset. Try it again,

Andy.

Reply to
andrewpreece