Getting making tape off upvc windows

I put masking tape on new upvc windows to protect them as the house as just been rendered and I can't get the damned stuff off. It never peeled off in one go , just bits of it. Have tried hot soapy water... not helped a bit. Nail polish remover, no effect. Petrol works but very slowly and I'm sure it is softening the upvc as well. It has took me and the wife approx 2 hours to do one window sill. I have the stuff all over six windows and door frame. Is there a product I could buy or some magical formulae. Also tried a new stanley blade, that dosn't work.

Any advice appreciated.

Reply to
Justin Time

Try Maplins Label Remover, or alt. WD40.

Give the products time to work before you start scraping at it.

DG

Reply to
Derek ^

In message , Justin Time wrote

WD40 and leave for a few hours.

Reply to
Alan

Alan typed

We were advised petrol when we had this problem a while ago, on wooden windows. It is a b*****.

Word of warning for all: masking tape (and Micropore) polymerise in UV light. Masking tape should never be left on for more than 24 hours damn it...

Reply to
Helen Deborah Vecht

If masking tape gets wet it is very difficult to remove. The only thing I have found to remove it is acetone, also known as propatone. This is the same as nail varnish remover, though buying it in that form is very expensive. If you have a friendly fibre glass worker near you they may be willing to fill a bottle for you.

Reply to
Broadback

Search the archives. This has come up quite often. They suggest WD40 here

Reply to
Stuart Noble