Gease staines on flags

Anyone know the best method to remove barbecue grease staines from concrete patio flag?

thnx

Reply to
timegoesby

Strong mix of Caustic soda

Reply to
ben

Really annoying those gease. :o)

Reply to
soup

Soap and water. Washing Up liquid is the best, as it has grease cutting agents in it. And hot water of course.

Reply to
BigWallop

Gunk or similar engine degreaser is usually recommended.

Reply to
OldBill

I'd recommend the clear colourless one, ( Jizer ?) rather than Gunk which is of itself the colour of grease stains. Engines are not stained by it but paving stones can be.

DG

Reply to
Derek ^

concentrated solution of caustic soda.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Biological washing powder is usually good for grease stains. Mix it in some hand hot water and poor over the stains. Scrub hard with a stiff brush and rinse.

Mark.

Reply to
Mark

My instinct would be to use caustic soda - It has never let me down but I was told that by an art restorer(!) you want to "evaporate" the stain and not risk the caustic taking the broken down oil compounds deeper into the surface. Don't know the difference between fat and mineral oil and that could be crucial but..... I had an oil/grease stain on an "indian"sandstone flag and was advised flood with white spirit - a small dab creates a ring and then either apply acetone (nail varnish remover) and dry with a hair dryer or just dry with a hair dryer. The "cracking flags " weather at the weekend allowed me to forget the acetone and the hairdryer and remove the black greasy thumb print applied by the lad at the builders merchant.

Peter K

Reply to
PeterK

id try dipping bread into them, the stain may remain but it could be tasty

x-- 100 Proof News -

30+ Days Binary Retention with High Completion x-- Access to over 1.9 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

Reply to
ian a gilles

I would suggest that you look here:

Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)