Gaz and Leccy

My one, whatever it is, is only noticeable on fire-up. After that, it's just a quiet background noise. It's quite old, so I doubt that you could buy it now.

Reply to
Davey

spill can

Gas is linear but the nannies have got at the minimum setting by fitting a stop, Easy to ignore of course.

Ours isn't a jet engine, just a low fan noise with a bit of roar. It's louder than a gas combi but then it's a bit bigger than combi. Floor standing cast iron jobbie with 12 gallons of water inside...

The other thing is smell any leak a fuel (during maintenance say) and the smell will hang about for a few days. Also if it's on a balanced flue venting at low level the flue gasses are smelly.

Ok negatives but a small price if the property is what you want where you want it.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Ours is external, next to the utility room - the sound is barely noticeable.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Ours is a two-year old condensing. Quite quiet.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I'm sure that location of the boiler and the flue make a huge difference. Some of the properties seemed OK - but was not convinced by the one in the kitchen - which was open to the living room.

Reply to
polygonum