Gas pinned lever shutoff used for water...

A relatively simple question and I suspect that I'm fretting over nothing, but I thought it easiest to ask anyway.

I have a spare gas pinned lever valve and I need to fit a new mains water shut off in the kitchen. Is there any reason why I shouldn't use the gas fitting on the water mains? I can't see any reason not to, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Thanks for any and all response.

Seri

Reply to
Seri