Gas meter box

I'm in the process of getting my gas meter moved and have already completed the Transco application. I've opted for a cavity wall box which I understand will have to be installed before Fulcrum, Transco or whoever, come along to do the work.

From what I're read, it seems they still supply the box - is that the

case? All I've had from them so far is a confirmation of payment from Transco quoting a job number, and one from Fulcrum stating the date when they'll start. Nowhere are there any instructions as to where to get the cavity-wall box.

Can anyone tell me when, in this messy process, I can expect Transco or Fulcrum to provide that information? The way things have gone so far, I guess it's scheduled for some time after they're supposed to do the job!

I seem to remember reading a post a while ago that the customer has to go to a local depot to collect the box... Can anyone confirm what's supposed to happen. I just spoke to someone at Fulcrum's 'Customer Services' who claimed that they don't supply the box. That makes no sense at all as it's clear in the Transco brochure that they supply the box for surface-mount installations. It also says "If you require a built-in box we will give you details of how to obtain one upon receipt of your completed application form".

It's worse than dealing with a Government department...

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
mheden

And have you told all this to person on the other end of the phone line? Just ask them again where the details are for obtaining the cavity box you want. If they can't help, then ask for their supervisor or manager. If help on this is still not forth coming, then cancel your order and stop all payments. This last option usually gets everyone's attention.

Reply to
BigWallop

-- Martin J. Evans Wetherby, UK

Reply to
Martin Evans

Oh yes. But the're still insistant that they never supply boxes for alterations - despite the very clear statement in the Transco Guidance Notes AND the small print on the back of the application form that says they DO supply the box.

What a bunch of idiots. It epitomises what's wrong with call centres. They even tried to claim that the guidelines don't apply in the East Anglia region!

Hopefully I've convinced them that I won't just roll over and let this go. In the long run it will be far cheaper for them to provide me with fifty quid's worth of plastic box. Anybody got contact details for the chief executive of Transco and/or Fulcrum?

Mike

Reply to
mheden

Site survey? Heck no, they won't be doing one of those!

Fulcrum do the job based on the information provided by the customer on the application form

It looks like they've just caved-in. I've just had a call saying that they will be sending me a meter box voucher so that I can collect one from my local Plumb Centre.

All's well that ends well... But why make it difficult in the first place, eh?

Mike

Reply to
mheden

My son in cambridge had one moved from the front door side panel which looked bloody hideous to one which sat below ground adjacent to the outer house wall. You open a horizonat lid / access to read meter etc.

Seemed a graet deal easier than fiddling with boxes. This was done by the gas company although you have to jump through all the hoops.

Reply to
martin-ann