Gaggia Synchrony Digital Coffee Machine

does anyone have any experience of these machines ?

've been given one which won't start up, blank display. the manual says check the power supply, fuse etc and I've done that.

obviously, I'd like to get it going again but before I get someone in or take it in to be fixed I'd like to have a go myself.

any coffee machine engineers in the house ?

Reply to
.

The message from "." contains these words:

Internal fuse? Microwaves usually have one, as do a lot of other silly things. Shouldn't be hard to find once inside.

Reply to
Guy King

fingers crossed that's all it is.

Reply to
.

If it is completely dead, it should be pretty easy to diagnose - almost certainly a power supply fault.

In the event that you can't fix it, I wouldn't recommend taking it anywhere. Call Gaggia in Huddersfield and arrange to send it to them for repair. They only charge for parts and carriage no matter how old the machine is - you will probably get it back in a couple of days.

If you do get it working, the other thing you should know is that the brewgroup has a lifetime guarantee - so if it is sticky or noisy, just send it (the brewgroup) back and they will refurbish it FOC.

Regards,

Steve

Reply to
stevelup

it's a 4 year old machine which cost c£700 when the MD of a MAJOR multinational had a bit of a hissy fit at the lack of coffee and called gaggia in to supply a coffee machine. it died and was 'raffled' off F.O.C

the winner of the raffle couldn't get into it to see of there was an internal fuse so he gave it to me. I had the top off it in 5 mins, found the fuse and ham fistedly broke the bugger when I extracted it :-(

turns out the internals of the 8A slow blow fuse was intact and a replacement is only £1.98 from maplin but at leats I know.

that's what I'm trying to arrange but I'd like to know the cost of carriage vs the cost of diesel, it's probably cheaper for me to run it up there myself.

Steve, you're a diamond. that's for that nugget :-)

Reply to
.