'Fugee' silicone applicator kit, anyone?

Has anyone tried one of these gizmos?

It was recommended to me the other day by a kitchen fitter; he reckons these are the mutt's nuts for achieving a perfect finish/seal using silicone sealant round a bath or back of a worktop (well, it would need to be at 10 quid a pop!). Apparently it's made of a special material which repels the silicone or something so there's no mess or residue?

quite tempted to give it a whirl but wondered if anyone else would recommend it.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Yes, they're wonderful.

A little work with a good block plane and an old washing up bowl and you can make your own. Use polypropylene of the right stiffness and you need to get a good feather edge on them. Fibreglass or P38 kits often include something suitable, but without the rounded corners.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Got a fuggenboy kit from Screwfix - similar; also, rather handy and work well. A damned-sight better tool than the plasplug (forget-the-name) sculpting spatula things

Also, great conversation piece - guys from work were racking their brains (and sneaking glances at the SF catalogue trying to work out WTF they were)

Reply to
Mike Dodd

Actually, further to my last reply, just watched the video on the link you gave and realised that I was using my fuggenboy's wrong; Anyway, saturday saw me seal the OTHER half of the worktop (don't ask) and I tried the method on the video WITHOUT ANY MASKING - worked brilliantly.

Highly recommended! (also, watch the video - it looks too staged, but trust me, they actually do work like they show)

Reply to
Mike Dodd