Fridge freezer- replace light switch in Fridge freezer - (Bosch KGV3120GB/04 UK)

*For the info of others .....* I replaced the switch which operates the interior light. This is housed inside the top front panel - operated by the movement of the door.

The switch is in the panel which contains the temperature and on/off switches. This panel is approximately 60cm wide by 5cm high by 4cm deep and runs across the top of the fridge freezer above the fridge door.

This Bosch fridge freezer was purchased in 2000; I have seen other Bosch models which look as though they have the same type of fitting arrangement. Bosch switch part number was 067747.

*In Jan 2015* I obtained a replacement from espares.co.uk (electricalsales.co.uk) "Refrigerator light switch" Their part number is *ES653499* which they say is equivalent to Bosch spares reference number 031166. The terminals are slightly smaller than in the orginal 067747 switch but they still work without any change to the push-on spade terminals.

To remove the top front fascia panel.

  1. Unscrew two vertical screws (white with cross heads).
  2. Use finger nails to ease up the rear edge of the fascia panel along its entire length - it "sits" across the top of the fridge. After easing upwards, use fingernails to pull it forward very slightly.
  3. *Carefully* rotate the fascia panel so that it can rest on top of the fridge (it has cables leading to it). To remove the switch.
  4. Remove the clip-on mains cable connectors
  5. Use a small screwdriver to press in the small plasic clip at front/rear of the switch and apply downward pressure to push the front/rear of the switch into the slot.
  6. Do the same at the front of the switch.
  7. Push the switch down and then rotate it sideways so that the terminals clear the hole. Reverse the process to install the new switch.
Reply to
Joe