FREEZING FRIDGE

Help,

I have a Fridge (Yes Fridge - NOT Freezer) and it's not very old. The problem is the temperature is set at mid range and the fridge is working perfectly with one exception - The Salad draws at the bottom are freezing everything that is contained inside. In summary the fridge works great (nothing too cold) but the salad draws at the bottom are freezing the contents. STRANGE!! How can the bottom freeze and not the rest??? Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Reply to
Rigger

SOMETIMES that can be a non working door seal..warm air gets drawn in, and the fridge works overtime..and some parts get far TOO cold as a result.

So do a thorough defrost and seal inspection before staring to blame anything more complex.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

MANY THANKS I AM MOST GRATEFUL FOR YOUR GUIDANCE

Reply to
Rigger

"The Natural Philosopher" wrote

I also read on a previous post that this can be due to lack of air flow around all shelves. eg stuff packed in too tight stopping uniform cooling

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Also the adjustable hinge screws loosening, cauing the door to move outwards and the seals to leak.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Basic physics. Cold air sinks to the bottom of the fridge, the thermostat is probably somewhere near the top.

I have this problem, and have simply stopped using the drawers, indeed one has been removed and the space is used for storing a water bottle.

Looking for a replacement, I had a read through the small print of various fridges on display, and many warned that goods could occasionally freeze in the bottom compartments.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Check the seal will grip a till receipt all the way round.

Yes, and using loose wrappings around food which restrict airflow inside the fridge.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel