Football Goals

I want to make my sons a pair of smallish football goals. I was thinking of using white guttering downpipes but cannot find any 90 degree bends that wouls be suitable. Anybody any ideas?

TIA

John

Reply to
John
22mm copper pipe, a pipe bender, and two funny 'T' pieces?

I was thinking of the 'T' where the top arms are at right angles. i.e a right angle bend with another right angle downwards.

Pipe across the top, two sides, and two pipes out to the rear. Bend the rear supports downwards and you have a five-a-side goal.

All you need then are some net curtains and a sowing machine :-)

Reply to
David W.E. Roberts

Better still, make your own net, so that it looks real. thjeboys willREALLYadmire youthen.

Net curtains! Bah!!

It's not difficult, we taught someone the basics early this year and she made a pair of five-a-side football nets for her garden.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Might be easier and safer to use 40mm plastic waste. And somehow 'weight' the base with sand.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur