foam gun - windows etc.

Been helping neighbour fit some windows in his garage. I've got a decent foam gun - but the weak link is the crappy plastic tube needed to get the foam into gaps around windows (squash it a bit flat etc). The tube is just a push fit on the gun nozzle and keeps falling off. Its the weak link in the design. The nozzle end piece is too short to get a decent worm-drive clip onto it. Anyone fit windows a lot and have a solution to this? Professional window fitters surely do not fiddle around with a stupid plastic tube ! Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

sm_jamieson (sm snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) wibbled on Saturday 22 January 2011

18:28:

I think they leave bigger gaps!

Yes - I have had the same problem. I went and bought some new tube that was softer and a tighter fit - helped a bit.

There is a lot of room in the market for a "poor access" gun - ideally one that can take a few screw on "solid" (gooseneck style) flexi pipes or a set of shaped and bent screw on nozzels.

Reply to
Tim Watts

How about a length of rubber tube as used on a manometer, pushed over the end of the gun tube (the wide bit - not the nipple) and clipped on with a jubilee clip?

Reply to
John Rumm

11

Might be OK. But probably a bit soft. Tube needs to be reasonably rigid so you can use some force against it. But certainly a method of fixing over the thick part of the pipe. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

I bet they do !. Plastic trim all round, stuck to the wallpaper ! Simon.

Yes, I just couldn't believe the gun is so good and the vital accessory is so poor ! Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Alternatively get a length of ali or brass tube or similar, and stick that on the other end of the rubber hose. Then you can push it into the holes etc, without having to position the whole gun in the appropriate place.

(run foam cleaner through it once done for the day obviously!)

Reply to
John Rumm

sm_jamieson (sm snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) wibbled on Saturday 22 January 2011

19:54:

Add a bit of small bore rigid pipe to make a nozzel to the other end? Like a bit of car brake pipe or soemthing....

Reply to
Tim Watts

What about a cable tie and a pair of pliers?

Reply to
Geo